Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mid-week update

As you probably already could have guessed, we're home. Released from the hospital Sunday afternoon and doing it "alone". Actually we've had a few visitors and have went out into the world the last two days for things and I have to say it's been going pretty well.

Our nights haven't been too terrible yet. We're still getting use to the boy and what his sleeping schedule is. The second night was probably the roughest. He was up for a long time nursing that night because he's like his dad and needs to eat. Last night however was the best of the three because he slept for almost four hours at a time... I know, be jealous. I will say, I don't think I've been peed on this much in my entire life. I'm not quick enough with diapers and wipes yet apparently.

We went to the pediatrician yesterday and Sutton's weight is back up to almost what it was when we left the hospital and his bilirubin count has started to go down. So it doesn't appear our son will be working on his tan anytime soon, which is fine with the both of us.


The visitors we've had since arriving home have actually been all family. My family was here Sunday night and then Katie's family came after them on Sunday as well. Monday brought a brief visit from my cousin Darren which the boy seemed to enjoy because he rarely gets held... right, as if you believe that. I'm telling you the truth when I say we do enjoy company people. I mean I don't want 30 at a time but a few now and then is good too.

We'll leave off with a few pictures from this last week. Katie bought some little onesies that have the days of the week on the front of them that we're taking his picture in for his first week here. It's hard to believe that tomorrow he'll wear the last one. Man, he's already growing up fast.




1 comment: