Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waiting...

Something I've never really been any good at is waiting. I'm more the type of person that would much rather start out and we'll figure it out as we go along. Now mind you I am not the type of person that just does things and however they happen it's just that way. No, I start things and the entire time make sure I'm keeping a watchful eye on what the end project is going to be, but I do like constant motion.

Anyway, what really brought this whole topic on was last night. Katie and myself had went out and had done a little shopping for our hospital bag and when we got home Katie decided a bath was in order. So I went upstairs, ran her bath, made sure it was the right temperature for her and then headed to the basement to watch a little TV and fold some laundry. Well about 20 minutes later, my wife yells my name from upstairs and immediately my brain goes into action thinking that this is it. This is the moment we've been waiting for and it's finally time to meet our son. So I turn the TV off and spring into action and ask her what she needs. Then, she softly tells me she needs a towel so she can get out.

Dang, really.... there aren't even enough words in the English language to tell you how excited I had gotten myself thinking this was the moment we had been waiting for. And it's not her fault, she really did need a towel and I wouldn't expect her to climb out of the tub and get water all over the floor just to get one from the hallway.

So, we come back to waiting. We're still waiting on the boy to make his grand entrance into this world and we're getting more and  more excited for the moment with each passing day. I wish there was a way to make him come out, for me to just tell him this is it and now you are going to be born. But, there isn't such a thing and I'm learning to be ok with that. God has a plan for this little boy and I'm just happy he chose us to be his parents so we can help raise him in God's image and help him be a strong christian man. So if you would, say a prayer for a growing little family and hopefully we'll soon be on here blogging about a new baby that has finally come.

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to know that I'm not the only one who jumps and gets all excited every time Katie calls. :) I can't wait to meet the little man. You two are gonna be amazing parents. And me? Well, I'm the blessed one who gets to be the gram. I'm telling you, God is good. Yep. All.the.time. :)

    ReplyDelete